Saturday 22 September 2018

Dr. Robert Tovey

It is with great sadness that I heard today of the sudden death of my good friend and mentor; Dr Robert Tovey.  Rob was one of the first people I met when I arrived in Saudi Arabia and introduced me to the delights of birding in Saudi.  His knowledge and enthusiasm was second to none and I am proud to have called him my friend. 

His blog; http://birdingforalark.blogspot.com/ will provide information about birding in some of the least birded areas on earth for many years to come

He died in Mauritania over the weekend aged  60 years old having added to the body of knowledge in Saudi Arabia, Oman, Libya, Mauritania, to mention but a few. 

Rest In Peace Rob, we will miss you.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you I am his sister Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear if his passing today. He was my colleague and friend in Saudi Arabia and we often had lunch and spent time together. He was a wonderful man and will be greatly missed.

    ReplyDelete